Re: [OM] Storing Lenses? (no OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] Storing Lenses? (no OM content)
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 May 98 23:03:51 +0200
On Dom, 17 mag 1998 18:41, *- DORIS FANG -*
<mailto:sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Nikon reps have repeatedly told me that theirs should be stored at min.
>aperture and nose-down. This minimizes the possibility of oil on the
>diaphragm blades, so I've been told. I'm sure John will know the correct
>way for OMs.
>
>                               *= Doris Fang =*

Thanks for the hint... amazing the fact that Nikon "bells" and bay cases
keep the lenses nose up!

As for the Zuikos... Nikkors truly close their aperture to the desired
setting when left unmounted, that is not the situation of Zuikos, which are
always wide open.

AF-Nikkors have even a lock for min. aperture.

Marco