Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topic -

Subject: Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topic - long)
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:21:24 -0500
Hi, Ken.

Your experience at Schiller's pretty much backs up my experience with them
as well, though I've bought a few things there. MF at Schiller's equates to
commercial photography (McDonnell Douglas/Monsanto/Mallinckrodt/Anheuser
Busch/etc.), so they have a different attitude.   I've had better
experiences at City Photo, though they don't stock Olympus gear.  Creve
Coeur Camera has a few used Olympus items from time to time; that's where I
picked up my 200mm Zuiko a couple of years back.

About MF gear:  I went with a used Bronica EC some time ago mainly because
it was inexpensive, but I am sort of sitting on pins 'n' needles waiting
for the day when its electronics die.  But, while it runs, it's a hoot and
the lenses are TERRIFIC for the price.   Your purposes are, of course,
different from mine.  I don't EVER expect to shoot for a living, so I can
tolerate a few shortcomings (e.g. risks) here and there.

Next time you are in Chicago, try Helix Photo's main store on Racine St.
Leaves 'em all in the dust, as far as new gear selection is concerned, and
stocks a fair amount of used Olympus to boot (pricing is erratic, though).

Regards,

Mahlon

image66 @ ibm.net ("Ken Norton")  (Mailed by: image66 @ ibm.net ("Ken
Norton") @ internet)