[OM] Re: Buena Park Oly fest

Subject: [OM] Re: Buena Park Oly fest
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:03:17 -0800
Cc: flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hank Hogan wrote:

>Gary, can you e-mail a message about the Buena Park
>camera show that you and some of the OM net readers
>are going to meet? I'm interested in that camera show.
>Is it this weekend? When, where?

Yes, the show is on Sunday, May 24, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
It takes place at the Sequoia Lodge, 7530 Orangethorpe
(west of Beach Bvd.) in Buena Park, very close to the
interchange bet. freeway #5 (Golden State) and #91
(Riverside) -- just half a mile behind the Orange
Curtain.

>How many people from this newsgroup are going?

So far, I've only heard from Hank Hogan and Tom Curlee
(Tom, good luck on your test!). Clive Warren from the UK
is also expected to make an appearance.

It looks like May 24 which falls right in the middle of
the Memorial Day weekend, may be inconvenient for the
others, or they are simply not interested.

>Are you going to meet at the end of the show?

I'll be there anyway, and so will be happy to meet anyone
who cares to show up, for a drink or a light meal. IMHO,
4:15-4:30pm should be a good time to meet, as this will
give everyone a chance to snatch that last-minute bargain,
literally seconds before the exhausted dealer reluctantly
puts it away. :-) The main (north) entrance to the Lodge
should make a good meeting point.

Those who plan to attend the Oly fest, pls try to arrive
on time or let someone else know your intentions, so we'll
know to wait for you.

P.S. If the majority of Southlanders feel that it'd be
more convenient to hold the Oly fest at the next month's
show (June 21), pls advise asap. /G.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA