Re: [OM] A weekend away with the 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] A weekend away with the 4Ti
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 06:03:31 -0500
Hi John,

Thanks for the wonderful rundown of photo activities among the Lakes. I was
fortunate enough to visit there once about 25 years ago.  Hiked north
through the west midlands, hosteling with a girlfriend, and hitched past
Coke (yikes!) and then arrived on a bank holiday -- with no reservations,
of course.  I was carrying a borrowed Nicca rangefinder (a Japanese brand
I'd never heard of before or since -- I told people it was an ancient
Nikon).  I learned to "meter" from the little yellow Kodak box (not very
well).

We hiked to the top of Helvelyn and across the Striding Edge where I got
some poor but now richly nostalgic photographs on KR.  I was carrying all
my worldly goods of the moment in a US Army surplus backpack, which
included an umbrella (later lost in a Paris taxi, along with plenty cash,
since he didn't have a proper meter either).  Since it was a bank holiday,
there were many folk making their way to the Striding Edge, including women
in stockings and pumps carrying little dogs.  Almost to a person they said
things like, "Imagine, seeing a 'brelly way up here."  While the pups went
"Yap, yap."

What I want to know is where do you park an RV in the Lake District?  Next
time I'll be taking better cameras.  And a dog.

Joel