Re: [OM] Kid's [was: Professionals using Olympus]

Subject: Re: [OM] Kid's [was: Professionals using Olympus]
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:59:10 -0400
>>I also like to shoot some BW of my kids.  There is something "historical"
about people on BW. It makes me feel as though I am giving them a legacy of
photos as timeless as I inherited.  That's been a little bit of a stretch
in an unexpected direction, too.>>

This current generation may be the first whose family photos will last less
time than those of previous generations. All those color prints will be
unrecognizeable in fifty years, if not sooner. You are wise to shoot some
b&w. I make sure I take family photos at least annually in b&w, print them
on fiber-based paper, and place them in an archival album.

I guess future generations may not have this problem, as photography
becomes fully digital...

Denton