[OM] Chris Bell

Subject: [OM] Chris Bell
From: "Dr. Matthew J. Cordery" <cordery1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:38:17 -0700

Funny that you should mention Chris Bell. I met him once when I was hiking
in the Cradle Mt/Lake St. Clair park. It was in May and we'd been snowed on
for awhile so it was fairly wet and cold but still beautiful. We got to one
of the cabins and got a fire going in a coal burning stove and, awhile
later, Chris Bell and his assistant came bashing out of the undergrowth,
completely soaked, and carrying all the gear necessary for large format
photography. We had a great time just being warm after being cold and wet
and talking about our favorite films. I think the lesson here is, we all
need some sort of dogsbody as an 'assistant' in order to carry our precious
OM gear around....
Matthew