Re: [OM] Olympus popularity (was What's wrong with an OM-10?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus popularity (was What's wrong with an OM-10?)
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 18:40:47 +0200
Ingemar Uvhagen  wrote:

<snip>
<I thought the cost of buying an OM
>would be lower as for some reason Olympus is not that popular (except
perhaps for
>digital and compacts). Lars and Ulf; correct me if you think I am wrong!

<snip>

Prices of OM stuff in Sweden varies a lot. On one hand, prices can be
relatively high, on the other hand those pieces of equipment seem to sell
very slowly. Though I've heard at least a couple of times the last year that
OM4Ti's and exotic lenses are easily sold. Another sign that popularity
actually may be rising is that my local newspaper never has any classified
ads of Olympus or other high-quality manual cameras anymore, though lots of
Canon and Minolta auto-everything low-ends.

Ulf Westerberg