Re: [OM] Telephoto (mirror) lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Telephoto (mirror) lenses
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 06:49:04 -0400
Gary Schloss, aka Leisure Suit Gary, wrote, in respons to my suggestion
that the 500/F8 mirror lens can be used for some form of portrait
photography:

>Due to the CATs' extremely limited DOF, I'd say that they are only
>suitable for portraiture of subjects who are, uhm... shallow and
>two-dimensional ?
>;-) ;-) (Oops, sorry! I couldn't resist)

Yes Larry, uhm, Gary, this truly can be a "BIG" problem. The extreme
shallow DOF of the 500/F8 probably limits its working range to cup size
"B". When you want to capture Silicon Valley in its full glory, I
would, without any hesitation, suggest the 18/F3.5 Zuiko at a shooting
distance of 25 cm...

Hans