Re: [OM] Price in relation to quality.

Subject: Re: [OM] Price in relation to quality.
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 20:58:13 +0200
Me again...

To me it does not seem that "easy" to buy a 300/4.5 lens. Well, I guess
it could be done easily by just believe the sometimes (in my opinion)
vague descriptions and ratings of lenses (Frank, you are not included
;)). But I want to know what I buy, if you know what I mean. What I
would like to, is to actually see the lens and try it. I know that
cannot be done if one want to buy from another far away.

To me, a "bargain" is quite unclear as I really don't know in what
condition the lens are in. Besides, I don't have anything to refer to
and I don't have any experience of buying such a big lens and therefore
really don't know "how much" that sort of lens would cost. The only
price reference I have is what Gary Reese wrote, what is said on the
"Unofficial Olympus OM Zuiko Lens Page" as well what have been said
earlier in this mailing list. (Yep, I might be complicated here!)
Does anyone see my point?

However, if I assume a lens are in a very good condition (mint, near
mint, ex and ex+) I thing it will cost me some US$ 400 and up, right?

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen