Re: [OM] Need help

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:34:50 -0700
Richard Sch?tzl wrote:

> Dear Olympians,
>
> The asking price for this lens, in good condition with only minimal
> brassing, is 850,- DM ~ US$ 480. Is this price ok?
> I already own an 50mm/3.5 MACRO Zuiko in nearly perfect mint condition
> which I use for slide copying and general photography. The 50mm/2.0
> MACRO Zuiko is definitly more complicated to use for slide copying, any
> experiances with it?
> Should I trade in the 3.5 against the 2.0 (don´t I have other problems
> <g>)?
> Am I decadent?
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

I have own the 50/3.5 for many years, a few months ago, I also bought a
50/2 because this is only the third time I saw this lens in second-hand
stores and at that time the price is the lowest. After bargain, I got it
at around USD350, in excellent condition with perfect glasses and only
the black paint look not very shinny. If the price after bargain is
around USD400, I think it is reasonable.

At the same aperture the performance of both lenses come very close.
With a new purchased 55->49 adapter ring and a normal old 49mm UV
filter, I connected the 50/2 to the slide copier without any problem.

I like collecting nice Zuikos (for medium priced only, I cannot afford
the 250/2 or 350/2.8), the Zuiko 50/2 Macro is probably the world's
largest aperture 50mm macro? How can I resist it!

C.H.Ling