Re: [OM] OM] Web page on Winder 1 modification and focusing screen modif

Subject: Re: [OM] OM] Web page on Winder 1 modification and focusing screen modification.
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:03:39 +0200
Lars Haven wrote:
> Hi all,
> I finally did it: I have made a web page with a description and a few
> photos of my winder modification.

Hi Lars,
thanks for this valuable information.
I had done the screen modification before and I would recommend it to
those, who mostly use their OM2(n) in the auto mode. In the manual mode
(and thus with the OM1 as I believe), the size of the bias introduced to
the light measurement seems to be somewhat erratic. Depending on the
light distribution in the 'picture', I found deviations between 0.5 and
1 EV. That might not be such a problem with negative films, but I use
slide films mostly and they are really unforgiving.
For the modification itself, I found it useful to fix the screen in a
small vice (NOT with the flat sides toward the jaws but with the
rim!!!). In that way you don't have to touch the surfaces at any stage
of the process.

> This is first iteration, hopefully without any major errors. It may
> even turn out to be useful for somebody?

Very useful indeed! There is a reasonably priced winder 1 for sale here
and I think I shall have a go at it now.
Only one question remains for me: Does the "tap for single exposure,
hold for sequence"-method work out well or do you find that you often
did two or more exposures when you only wanted to take one?

Soenke Jansen, Hamburg