Re: [OM] Buena Park Oly fest

Subject: Re: [OM] Buena Park Oly fest
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:48:58 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>

>That sounds exactly like one I passed up 2 months ago at a Vegas pawn shop
for
>$19 (asking price).  I pointed out that it was cracked and I figured they
>would pull it from stock, but they didn't.  I bet they sold it for $10 or
so.

There are some politics involved here. I saw half a zoom lens sit on a
pawnshop shelf for years. I found another this weekend! If it just sits
there, it won't show up in the system as a loss. No one gets blamed. I sent
a whole box of stuff to Olympus once that they finally took their lumps and
dumped cheap. Despite a $325 repair bill, I made some money and put a lot of
OM gear back in action.

Doug