Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat Lens
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:52:00 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:36:51 PDT you write:
>R. Lee Hawkins wrote:
> The URL is listed below.
>> >
>> >http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=15195874
>>
>> Anybody have an idea what a reasonable price is for this item?
>> Apparently the reserve is over $200....
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --Lee
>>
>--
>
>How do you know it's over $200 ?

Because, eBay lets you set a maximum bid.  As other people bid, your bid
is automagically increased to outbid them, up to your max... AND, if
your max bid equals or exceeds the reserve amount, your bid is increased
to the reserve amount.  I bid 150, then $200, and my bid was not
increased to the reserve amount, thus my deduction that the reserve
amount must be greater than my maximum bid, $200.

Cheers,
--Lee (Sherlock Holmes) Hawkins