[OM] Beattie versus 2-X

Subject: [OM] Beattie versus 2-X
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:36:28 -0700
Well Olympiads,

I tried out my new 2-4 screen and IMHO the Beattie wins hands down. It is
far brighter. In fact I found myself swapping screens, the Beattie for the
2-4, from one camera to another when shooting in low light with a 85 to 200
f4 telephoto zoom. For the difference in price the difference in brightness
is really worth it. $42 (2-4 PVT)versus $65(B&H Beattie).  I find that I
can get the critical focusing with the Beattie whereas in comparison with
the 2-4 I am not quite sure I'm really right on in low lite/low constrast
situations. And with the 2-4 it looks dingy through the viewfinder in
comparision to the Beattie.

I can't muster the exponential leap in $$$ for f2.0, f2.8 lens, but because
of the difference in brightness performance  the Beattie helps me forget
the slowness of my lens at least when looking through them.

Andre

San Carlos, CA