Re: [OM] Screens and Metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Screens and Metering
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 15:36:59 -0500
At 02:11 PM 5/31/1998 +1000, you wrote:

>>Hi John,
>>
>>I'm puzzled by your statement (as well as a statement in the FAQ) that
>>these custom screen changes may, but also may not, throw the meter off.
>>How can changing to a 2-(X) or Beattie seem to cause varying results from
>>one camera example to the next?
>>
>>Joel
>

>It changes the light in the viewfinder where the manual metering is on the
>earlier models.
>
>Foxy

OK, I understand. The screen is a variable in the metering complex of the
OM-1 and similar models. But why isn't this the same for each instance of
the use of a 2-(x) or Beattie in an OM-1, etc.?  It's the variation among
samples of the same model that puzzles me.

(Must be the batteries ... :))

I'd like to buy a 2-13 for my OM-1. It's half the price of the Beattie and
I can't believe the Beattie is twice as good.  But I hesitate because
apparently one cannot predict the actual results it will have on the
metering system, plus it involves altering the stock design to adapt it for
use in the OM-1, hence no returning it for refund if the result is
unacceptable.

Joel