Re: [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries vs substitutes
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 19:58:12 -0400
i can only agree with this. have been considering getting a densitometer that
will not only help with variability between my different camera bodies but even
between different types of film. problem is that the affordable densitometers
that are available are basically for black and white film and not for slides. i
still haven't looked deeply into calibrating for tansparancies. my om4T for
example is set at 50 when i use agfa 25 professional black and white film. this
is all best done using the zone system as described by Fred Picker.  but even
here there is a need for a densitometer to determine which exposure will produce
zone 1 consistently which is defined as a density of 0.08 to 0.1 above film base
plus fog. i have found the book of Picker(zone VI workshop) and that of Davis
(Beyond the Zone system) to be complimentary to each other.

francis