Re: [OM] Olympus and Apple computers

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus and Apple computers
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:15:01 +0000
Too true Shelly.  Unfortunately price forces me to use the products
of the evil empire.

Denton, I hope an F5 is more reliable than microsoft/intel products.

My wife recently had an interesting experience at work with this
duopoly.  It turns out that the Pentium II and earlier releases of
Win 95 are incompatible!  Seems the P II uses a new form of memory
management that fools Win 95s virtual memory manager so it can free
pages of memory that are still in use - handy feature that!  Even the
latest version of Win 95 has a less serious version of this problem.
You only loose data when cutting and pasting.

It was nice of Intel and Microsoft to tell people about this.

I wonder if N*k*n failed to mention to pros that the F5 fails to
operate under a full moon ;-)

Giles