Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 10:17:17 GMT
Hello Ken.

I just did a wedding (yes, me too!...) and the only lens I used in the
church was a 35-70/3.6. (I had an IS3 for emergency backup) Despite
the rather dim light in the church I could focus well with this lens.
More important for you: the results are generally on par with those of
a prime 50/1.8 lens.

I would certainly go for the 3.6 instead of any of the others. The
price quoted ($225) is very good, provided the very special shade is
included. You will need that in Greece!

I have one for sale as well, for $275 and with shade. Email me
privately if you want details.

Frank.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.