Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: "Bill England" <england@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:08:44 -0700
:
: I've been wondering how many list members besides myself use Olympus
: equipment exclusively? No other brand of 35mm, no medium format, no large
: format. Just trying to figure how many holdouts besides myself are on the
: list.  This is in no way a put down for other brands or formats. No
flames
: required or desired.
:
        John, I used Nikon equipment professionally during the late 70's in
college (hospital work), but once I was able to get my own equipment in the
early 80's, I went with the OM-2N and an OM-G as a second body. The Zuiko
lenses were as sharp as anything available, and the TTL flash was near
miraculous. During college I got my (now) wife an Olympus 35RC rangefinder.
Great little camera and small enough it goes everywhere.

        I just recently purchased an OM-4T body from Mike Emery <good guy>, and
have been much more active in photography. I realize that Nikon, Canon,
Pentax, and Minolta have continued to advance, but for me, a great sunny
day with plenty of flowers and bees gets me out there with an Olympus and
my Panagor 90mm f2.8 macro.