Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 2
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:47:56 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:15:03 +0200 , "Chmielewski, Artur"
<AChmielewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi everybody!
>I've just bought an OM Motor Drive 2 in VG (near excellent) condition
>with Control Grip M.18V for 550 PLN (about $150). BTW: is it a
>reasonable price? I don't have the manual, but I would like to know the
>purpose of two little buttons on the back-side of the MD (the third one
>switches light on - it was easy ;-). Could anybody tell me what is it
>all about?
>Thanx and regards,
>Artur Ch.

Hello Artur.

Price is certainly reasonable if the thing is working properly, and if
the battery holder doesn't drop too easily from the grip (they tend to
do that after some time...).

The buttons are for setting/resetting the starting frame number of the
down-counter, in correspondance with the film type you use or with the
number of exposures you want to make when the MD is set in 'sequence'
position.

The max. number is (I think) 40.

If you set the number at (e.g.) 36 for a normal roll of film, the
camera/md will automatically stop transporting after the 40 exposures
have been made and the number has reached position 0

Or, if you want to make a sequence of 8 pictures in total, set the
number at 8 and the camera will stop when, again, the number 0 is
reached.

Good luck with your purchase,

Frank van Lindert.
Utrecht NL.

ps: I could send you a xerox of my own manual, but that certainly
would take some time (two weeks or so) because I am very busy at
present.