Re: [OM] essential accessory

Subject: Re: [OM] essential accessory
From: Debrux@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:19:52 EDT

Someone (and I've carelessly mislaid the post) was singing the praises of the
75mm-150mm zoom.  Mine was in the back of the cupboard for a couple of years
until last week.  I had always been disappointed with the results, probably
because in this country (UK) there is barely enough light to handhold unless
you use it wide open.  This time though I took a tripod, stopped down to F16
and I would challenge anyone to tell which pix were taken with a prime and
which were taken with the zoom.  The crucial accessory was the tripod which
had languished in the same cupboard as the zoom to which my camera will remain
firmly attached (for the moment at least).  Does anyone else have an essential
accessory they wouldn't leave home without???

Simon