Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:46:28 -0400
Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx> wondered:
>... I am always surprised at a caution like this. Do people actually try
to use
any lens without a shade?...

I'm on the other side,  I almost never use a shade and wouldn't have known
to even look for the shade for the 35-70/3.6 if it hadn't been mentioned.
Of course this might help explain some of the reflections I get...  maybe
it's time to at least experiment enough with them to learn whether or not I
should use them.   Then again one of my favorite type of shots is straight
out a window with bright sun backlighting whatever is on the sill- the sort
of thing that a shade would have no effect on.