Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 19:16:59 +0200

John Austin wrote:

>I've been wondering how many list members besides myself use Olympus
>equipment exclusively? No other brand of 35mm, no medium format, no large
>format. Just trying to figure how many holdouts besides myself are on the
>list.  This is in no way a put down for other brands or formats. No flames
>required or desired.

I turned FROM autofocus (Minolta) TO manual (OM4) as late as 1992. Have
never regretted one second of it. I use only Olympus lenses and all
accessories. No off-brand lens I've had can compete with a similar Zuiko,
always something inferior mostly in the design, sometimes as well in the
optics.

Though I have to admit, these days I cheat with my wifes Pentax MZ-5 more
and more, autofocus IS great sometimes!

Ulf Westerberg