Re: [OM] OM-1 Purchase Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Purchase Question
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 20:04:32 -0400
The missing FP/X switch makes the repair job bigger.  Unscrewing this switch
(which you never have to do) twists the wire attached to it round and round
until
it rips off.
Then the ball bearing, spring, and associated parts silently fall out.
Set the asa to 100, shutter speed to B, take the lens off.
Now push the lens coupling ring inside the body as far as it will go.  If the
meter movement, strings & springs aren't all f***** up (typical in a tampered
camera)
the meter needle should almost center in the viewfinder (thats right, without a
battery).
That body might not be worth fixing.

John
Camtech