Re: [OM] Neverending OTF on OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Neverending OTF on OM-2
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 20:08:17 -0400
If setting the ss ring to B resets the shutter, then your shutter is not
locking in the open position but rather is simply locking "up"..
That is the mirror is up, shutter is closed.  "B" is meant to clear cases of
shutter lock.  If your shutter was actually opening and staying open, B
would not close it.
There are about 10 things that cause occasional shutter lock, one can be
using alkaline or lithium batteries.  the other 9 would require service.
The closer your camera serial number is to 100,000 the more reasons there
are inside that you have shutter lock.

John
Camtech
http://www.zuiko.com