Re: [OM] OM-77 AF

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-77 AF
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 22:33:17 EDT
<<
 Sometimes it's real handy to have an Auto-Focus, I'm curious
 about the OM-77 AF.  If I understand correctly, you can use
 MF lenses also?  What features does this camera have?  What
 experiences has anyone had with it, good bad or otherwise?

 Thank You for your feedback!

 Kris

The good features are autofocus (albeit first generation), built in winder, AF
lenses from 24mm to 200 (zoom), a 28-85 is avaiilable (never offered in MF)
and ability to use the F280 flash.  The bad features are that (1) you can use
MF lenses but there is no finder indication, (2) there is no ability to vary
the ISO speed or dial in exposure compensation,  (3) it is not an OM system
camera and cannot take screens, and other accessories, (4) the camera won't
fire unless it is in focus, (5)  there is no ability to manually focus the
system (although there is a difficult-to-use power focus feature).      Good
luck.

PS. I have 2 bodies and 4 lenses for the OM-77.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx