Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:54:49 -0700
>Winsor Crosby wrote: New Zuikos do not include shades either unless built in.
>Seems like a shade
>
>> is such cheap insurance against flare, especially in the western U.S. where
>> sunshine is the rule, not the exception. You can't take_all_those shots
>> with the sun at your back! :-)
>>
>> Winsor
>>
>> Winsor Crosby
>> Long Beach, California
>> mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>This is not correct.  At least the 35F/2 comes new with a shade. I'm sure
>there
>are others.
>
>george

I bought my 35/F2 new about 4 years ago. No shade.  I paid about $20 for
the shade if I remember correctly. Neither did the 24/2.8, 21/3.5, 50/1.4,
nor 80/2.0 have shades. The 200/4 had a built in. The 135/2.8 was bought
used. No shade on that one. Since many of the shades can be used on several
lenses, it may be understandable why Olympus does not supply them. It would
be nice if they were all built in.

Since I bought my lenses all about the same time I suppose Olympus could
have had a different policy since then, or a policy that was discontinued
before I purchased.

Do you have some information that would enlighten me if I am not correct?