Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70mm Zoom Lenses
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:25:40 -0400
Olympus sells a number of lenses with a hood.  I bought a new 85mm/2 in
March and it came with a hood.

If you look at the jpg files for OM lenses in my FTP directory
 ftp://ftp.charm.net/pub/usr/home3/tomokoy/ ), you can tell which ones come
with hoods.

O.K. Most of you don't read Japanese.  Underneath each lens, there are four
rows of characters.  The top one says Zuiko in most cases or Zuiko Macro.
Zuiko is spelled in four characters while Macro is spelled in three.  In the
last row, the description in parenthesis is info on the case/hood.  Most
have cases included. Some have hoods.
Hood is spelled in three characters.  "-" in Japanese is used as a symbol
for elongating the sound.   "O" in Zuiko is a long "O".  The circled
character after the focal length info means that the lens is made upon
demand only.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx