Re: [OM] Mid-roll Re-wind

Subject: Re: [OM] Mid-roll Re-wind
From: Matt Phelps <mphelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:53:51 -0400
KRIS GARREN wrote:

> Group,
>
> I keep running into situations where I only have 1 camera body but
> want to change film's.  I have an OM-10 and I'm thinking that I could
> take the following steps:
>
>         1) Re-wind the film that is not wanted
>         2) Put a label on the film to record the last number used
>         3) When I want to re-load it I could:
>                 - Put lens cap on lens
>                 - Set Manual at a very high shutter speed, 1/1000
>                 - Push shutter release until I get back to the exposure
> last
>                   used.
>
> I haven't tried this yet but thought I would sent it out to the group for
> feedback and ideas?  I would probably want to buy one of those gadgets
> that pulls the film leader back out of the cartridge?

Kris,

On the last part: it's an easy matter to rewind the film by hand
just enough to leave the film leader sticking out. Just rewind
until you feel the pressure stop, usually you'll hear the film
snap off the take-up reel too. Then stop rewinding and open the
back and, viola! Try it. It's easy...

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator