Re: [OM] OM-77 AF

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-77 AF
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9 Jun 98 23:00:03 +0200
On Mar, 9 giu 1998 16:13, KRIS GARREN <mailto:KGARREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Sometimes it's real handy to have an Auto-Focus, I'm curious
>about the OM-77 AF.  If I understand correctly, you can use
>MF lenses also?

Yes, you can. You can use almost all the "conventional OM" lenses. But in
aperture AE mode only (or flash).

What features does this camera have?

AE aperture with Zuikos, AE shutter-and-aperture with AF OM lenses, full P
AE with AF lenses (recognizes their different lenghts too), OTF TTL flash,
super FP mode, manual focus, vertical shutter, auto loading film, auto
rewind, continuous mode, DX (no compensation allowed :-(, focus lock, meter
memory, self timer, flash (with Grip 300), AF, T and Super FP flash
connections, time and aperture seen in the viewfinder, LCD panel, 1/100
synchro time (I think), 1/2000 fastest shutter time.

What
>experiences has anyone had with it, good bad or otherwise?

Good:

an easy camera to carry around. Autofocus slow but "safe", so to say. Fine
AF OM lenses (from 24 to 210 Olympus and any offbrand too).

Bad:

Autofocus takes some time and you will switch to MF on certain conditions.
No compensation allowed for film speed. No manual mode. No DOF control with
AF lenses.