Re: [OM] GObo? Gooseneck[Was Olympus Prices in Japan]

Subject: Re: [OM] GObo? Gooseneck[Was Olympus Prices in Japan]
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 01:00:57 +0200
Waren Kato wrote:

> My latest Porter's catalog on page 126 shows a gooseneck like device which
> attached to the hot shoe (inactive) and has a gooseneck device with a clip on
> the end to hold a Gobo, filter or to grip macro subjects.  The only drawback
> is the $24.95 cost.

Thanks to you and the other member who informed me about this comercial
avaible device. Unfortunately it seems, that there is no source, for
such a device, on this side of the atlantic.

> It seems one could make one easily with stout wire, an
> old hot shoe adapter and an alligator clip.

I considered do-it-yourself for myself too. Instead of wire, maybe the
slim goesneck of an cockpit torch will be usefull after some
modifications.

Richard