Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Jun 98 12:02:47 +0200
On Mer, 10 giu 1998 15:00, KRIS GARREN <mailto:KGARREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On the topic of films, I like your comment.  Do you think 35mm quality
>is closing the gap on medium format?  What films are most comparable
>in quality to Medium format?

Those not available in MF, like PKM, Royal Gold 25.

 or Do you think 35mm films will ever get so
>good
>that medium format is not needed?

never, because same films are available in both formats. And the gap is
always present.

The choices regarding the ideal format must consider a lot of factors:
size, weight, price, autofocus, auto exposure, motors, lenses available,
synchro time, films available, easiness to use, readiness to use.

In all direct comparations between MF and SF, MF wins hands down.

SF wins in the situations you cannot use MF, or cannot use it *well*.

Marco