Re: [OM] Backlight flare

Subject: Re: [OM] Backlight flare
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:05:02 +0200
Hi Lars!

Thanks ,buddy, for what you told me, you sounds so convinced that I believe you
rather than the Hoya people. In fact, it is quite embarrassing to hear a thing
like what they
told me and then realize it is not true... Well, learning all the time.

I earlier wrote:

> >They also claim to produce ALL lens glass except for one brand in which I
> >>can't remember (it was not Zuiko though). They said that the lens glass
> >they >made after the 70's
> or 80's (can't remember which) all glass should be MC.

Is this not true as well?

Lars wrote:

> Sorry, but this is nonsense. MC treatment can reduce the reflexes only
> from the lens surfaces on which it is applied. It is not a magic potion.
> Behind that MC filter, you still have all those non-MC elements and
> they will reflect just as much light as before. This is elementary physics
> and the "people from Hoya" are speaking through thir hats.

Well, I know some physics but not about this I am afraid. Would you be so kind
to give some "proof", "evidence" or examples that I could refer to if I ever
come across them
again? It would be quite pleasant to sort of "take them down". And besides, I
would like to know for my own sake but I can't be bothered to read about it in
books... Yep, I am
lazy!

--
Regards/