[OM] OM2000 in Atlanta

Subject: [OM] OM2000 in Atlanta
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:41:02 -0400
I recall that sometime ago somebody posted to the effect that the OM2000 is
doing well in Atlanta.

I am wondering whether the stores there advertised the availability of the
OM2000 in the paper.  My local camera store has stocked the OM2000 since
last October, but never advertised about it.  They did sell some because the
store definitely specializes in stocking the SLRs, for which it is known,
and they have sold the OM system bodies and lenses quite a lot in the past.

I understand that while Canon will pay up front for advertising, Olympus
does not.  One of the salesmen there said that Olympus seems to believe in
word-of-mouth publicity.  Baltimore, the city that is, has lost a lot of
population to the suburbs, but they are constantly getting newcomers, which
I can tell from the number of new members in my church.   The store does
advertises about their Canon cameras pretty often and has a Canon day.

I would appreciate whoever posted about the situation regarding the OM2000
in Atlanta will post again to tell us about the Atlanta camera stores in
their handling of the OM cameras, the OM2000 in particular.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
Home Page: http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/