Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:37:48 +1000

] In your message dated: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:02:04 MDT you write:
] >he flash is toast, though; I assume you can take it apart and get a new
capaci
] >tor put in (a good electronics parts store should be able to provide a
replace
] >ment that's a physical and electrical equivalent).
] Actually, you can't, at least not for the T-32.  I looked for an
] equivalent cap in Allied, Newark, DigiKey, and Mouser catalogs.  It's a
] funky non-standard voltage/capacitance combo.  Easiest to get them from
] Oly Service.
Actually,

  Just make sure that the voltage rating is >= that of the cap your
replacing
and keep the capacitance the same and it should all be ok. Oh, and make
sure that you use an electrolytic and you put it in the right way.

  I'm not sure what Oly would charge, but I bet its more than the couple of
bucks these sort of capacitors are worth.

    duncan