Re: [OM] OM SPECS

Subject: Re: [OM] OM SPECS
From: "Bryant Wetzel" <ardvarrk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 23:56:39 -0600
John,
        Boy! Have I seen that one. Had a guy in yesterday with the same story. A
lot of shops will run your camera through the tester and let you know if
the shutter is off or not for little or nothing. We do it for contributions
to the "Pizza Fund". Normally the customer will chip in a few bucks, and
everyone is happy.
        If you are a far away from a shop, or you just want a tester of your own
then I would suggest calling around to shops and seeing if you can find an
old test setup the owner is willing to part with. You may find one, or at
least get leads to where there might be a good setup.
        You can also test the shutter by shooting a roll of film and taking good
notes about shutter speeds and f-stops used.

Regards,

Bryant