Re: [OM] Interesting lenses FS - fyi

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting lenses FS - fyi
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 14:09:42 EDT
Hi Francis:

> i have seen this lens, it has been there quite sometime and i can tell you
>  why.

I love it!  Almost nothing escapes the eagle eyes of this group.  The fun is
to find things that have, like that Vivitar Series 1 600 mm solid cat.

I just got back from a garage sale.  An old guy with lots of photography under
his belt had an OM-1, a 28 mm f/3.5 and a Winder 2 that he just brought out.
The Winder 2 was badly cracked, the OM-1 had the 1/4 and slower shutter speeds
malfunctioning (the shutter stayed open for at least 5 seconds), but the 28 mm
was OK except for his name engraved on the inside of the lens mount flange.  I
told him what they were worth "as is" and he balked.  Maybe someone less
discerning will come along, or maybe he'll call me . . .

In case there are any of you who want to say "If he calls, call me,"  I do
have a running list of folks looking for broken OM-1's at $50 or under.  I'm
watching  :-)

BTW, I did talk him out of a Bogen tripod head for $5.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV