Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping OM alive
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 11:19:53 -0400
>>It would seem that autofocus must be used inteligently, with judious
application of the focus lock feature. I would equate it to the difference
between Auto or Program mode and Spot metering in the OM. Use Auto or
Program only and you're bound to sooner or later get some bad exposures.
Spot metering takes care of that for critical work. Same thing with auto
focus. For most shots you're OK, but for critical work, use the focus lock.>>

I found it too much of a pain to use exposure lock, focus lock, etc. That's
why I went back to Oly. IMHO, the only use for AF is on fast-moving
subjects. I keep a separate body and a couple lenses just for that type of
work.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com