Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #321

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #321
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:53:10 -0700
William Biesele wrote:
>If you want Olympus to stay in the SLR market show them that there is
>money to be made.  Those of you who have bought the OM2000 and the
>new inexpensive zooms or who have bought the 35-80 have done more to
>keep Olympus in the SLR market than all the whining and petitioning.
>If you want Olympus to keep making SLR's tell them with your $$'s.

Surely there must be some compromise between the entry level offerings
(OM2000 and two new zooms) and the pro level stuff (35-80 f2.8 and OM-4/3Ti)
that Olympus now has. A body that's half way in price between $249 USD and
$1000 USD. Some lenses that are better than the rebadged Cosinas, but not
$1200 USD as the 35-80 f2.8. As just one example, the N*k*n 24-120 zoom has
a street price less than $500 USD. And that's just ONE example from many,
and in addition all the majors offer the "big glass", the f2.8 zooms such as
the Oly 35-80 f2.8. And yes, I know I could switch brands, but I really want
to stay with Oly. I'm just hoping (dreaming) that Olympus could meet us
halfway.

Regards,
John Austin