[OM] Check this one out

Subject: [OM] Check this one out
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:12:57 EDT
Hi Zuikoholics:

I just saw this on the Canon FD mailing list:

<< Just attended one on nature photography a couple of months ago (seminar
only, no field trip).  In general, I liked it a lot, mostly for the way
it was set up (they encouraged tape recorders and handed out pre-printed
notes).

They recommended going to autofocus (better percentage of sharp action
shots), so I guess they weren't too kind to users of older equipment.
On the other hand, they did recommend going with Canon or Nikon because
these two companies have a more extensive line of accessories for their
gear. >>

I responded rather emotionally to this bunk!  Susie and I just got in from 5
miles of mountain bushwacking and camping for the sole purpose of nature
photography.  Canon sure doesn't support her FD/A series.  And I sure as heck
wouldn't have found a use for autofocus - everything was infinity or my
personal approaches to hyperfocal distance focusing.  Plus I'd be lots more
tired carry bricks around.

Glad I didn't spend the money to hear those experts.  BTW, haven't they ever
used MF and LF for nature photography?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV