Re: [OM] XA 35m f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] XA 35m f2.8
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:57:33 +0200
WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I just bought an XA with flash as a carry-around camera.  I was looking at the
> tiny lens, about 1.25 cm. in diameter, and comparing it to the front element
> of the SLR Zuiko 35m f 2.8, which has a diameter of 2.9 cm.
> According to my calculations, over 5 times as much light hits the front
> element of the SLR lens as does the XA.  Where does it all go?

Hmmm, basically it must be heating the camera!
I'm in no way an expert, but the lens of the XA is much closer to the
film, so less light 'get's lost' on the way there.
OK, ok, this is a rather crude concept for something involving focal
length, effective aperture, transmittance etc.
Anybody with a sound explanation out there?

Cheers,
Soenke, Hamburg