Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:17:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/98 6:33:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, SoJa@uni-
hamburg.de writes:

<< John Austin wrote:>
 > I've been wondering how many list members besides myself use Olympus
 > equipment exclusively?
 > why did you choose Olympus? >>

Hi John,
I've been traveling the last 3 weeks and it took me several days to catch up
on the Hundreds of mails.  So I know this is old.  I am body wise ONLY OLY.  I
do have 4 or 5 aftermarket tele lenses and a vivatar series 90 macro.  I was
convinced to go OLY in a universaty photography class way back in 1975 or so.
I owned a Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL ? I think - back then.  It had a spot meter in
the bottom of the frame as well as average.  In 1979 my new bride gave me a
OM1n and I still have them both.  I almost changed to Nikon a few years ago
because I wanted a fast tele and there are so many used nikons around, but I
have not changed.  Maybe one day I'll luck into that mint 350mm f2.8 Ha!!  And
my wife just thinks fly fishing and my 3Ti are expensive!!
BW