Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Question on AC adapter for T32 flash
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:47:58 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/98 6:56:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anyway, I only got one answer that it is useful in keeping the cap
 charged with the flash plugged in when not in use (and turned on as
 well, I assume).  What do others think about the usefulness of the
 AC adapter?  And is there a down side to keeping the flash on and
 charged when not in use.-Dan >>

Hi Dan,
This is an old mail so you probably have an answer, if not.
Carl Shipmen Ed 1987 pg. 86 "storage" says ( the capacitor may deteriorate if
left a long time without an electrical charge.  Charge the flash before
turning off and /or storing and recharge once a month.)  I don't know about
leaving it plugged in.  I just follow Shipman's advice.
As far as usefulness, I keep mine plugged into (switched off) a multiple
outlet extension cord near my copy stand, where I use them for close up work
sometimes as well as recharging my flashes every few weeks because the
batteries are usually out.  I bought my 3rd one a couples of weeks ago for
$25.00 and I think my first 2 a few years back for $10 or 15.00 ea.
BW