Re: [OM] Zuiko 18mm, 24mm shift -- warning!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 18mm, 24mm shift -- warning!
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:53:31 -0800
Warren Kato wrote:

>I usually don't forward posts but for rare items:
>
><Olympus Zuiko MC 18/3.5 ,caps, case.
><Cosmetic is Ex+ ,glass is Mint-. $495. plus shipping.
><Please, E-mail me for the OLYMPUS List.
><Thank you. Igor
><
><Subject: FS:Olympus Zuiko 18/3.5 MC
><From: igorcamera@xxxxxxx (IGORcamera)

>Here's another rare one from the same seller:
><
><Olympus Shift 24/3.5 , caps, case.
><Cosmetic is Ex+/Ex++, glass is Mint. $895. firm plus shipping
><Please, E-mail me for OLYMPUS cameras and lenses List.
><Thank you. Igor
><
><Subject: FS:Olympus Zuiko shift 24/3.5
><From: igorcamera@xxxxxxx (IGORcamera)

Just to warn everyone that about 6-12 mos ago this Igor type
got tons of criticism on rec.photo.marketplace for what sounded
like gross misrepresentation of his merchandise, dishonest
dealings, and other misbehavin's. Some dissatisfied customers
made Igor look like a charlatan, and words like "Rasputin" were
thrown in the air (uhm, I mean: ether).

I have no personal experiences with this guy, so this is NOT a
first-hand testimony! But, pls exercise extreme caution, and pls
keep this info. within the bounds of the OLY list, or my next
trip to Moscow may be "one way only" :-) :-)

Cheers,

P.S. Hmm, what if Igor is an OLY list subscriber? Bummer!!! /G.S.

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx