Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250mm f2
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:21:01 -0700
Gary;

I bought it for 2 main reasons: wildlife and astrophotography.  I haven't
actually
been able to use it as mucn as I'd like for either. Oh well, tomorrow's another
day.

Not trying to be flip, but based on small experience actually using the thing in
the past year:

Cons: HEAVY
Pros: Fast, silky-smooth focussing, fast, sharp, fast, beautiful, bright
viewfinder image, sharp, works great with 1.4 and 2x AND with both of 'em
stacked
(700 F/5.6) slides of moon were STILL sharp. Fits in my new backpack with 4T
mounted. Did I mention it's sharp as a tack? And fast?

george

Oh yeah, forgot another con: It costs what $3700 to 4500 new depending on who
you
believe.  Mine was 600f the lower number used, probably condition EX-  Price
included a brand new front element and a clean/adjust at Olympus service.  Do I
think that's what it's worth? I dunno. I'll decide if I ever want to sell it.
Now
please don't embarass me and tell the group that you saw one in a pawn shop for
$375 last week <g>

Oh, and I know someone else on the list has or had the 350. I think it was one
of
the Johns out there.

george