Re: [OM] 100mm/f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm/f2
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:02:44 -0800
Jim Loudon wrote:

>Does anyone recall the survey published by (I think)
>_Camera and Darkroom_ magazine a while back, where they
>asked their readers to list their favorite focal lengths?
>
>The 28mm finished dead last.

And that's really a shame, as there are so many great 28mm
lenses around, starting with all 3 28mm Zuikos and continuing
with several fast and quite remarkable aftermarket lenses such
as the Vivitar Series 1 28mm F1.9, or the Kiron/Vivitar 28mm F2
twins.

>I tried using a 28 (back in my Konica days), but could
>never really get used to it.

I wonder if you have ever tried the Hexanon 28mm F1.8 UC.
Wow, this lens is in a class all by itself -- no doubt,
one of Konica's most prized crown jewels.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx