Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie focus screens on 2N
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:07:30 +1000
>BTW, I found that light entering the viewfinder from the rear produces a
>MUCH larger differences between indicated and 'true' exposure times.
>An eye-cup might help, but I'm wearing glasses and haven't found the
>right cup/lens combo on the used market yet. Anyone with a cup/-2lens
>FS?

Absolutely correct. I notice 1 - 2 stops difference if my eye is close or
away from the viewfinder. I had (still have) an eyecup 1, but it broke. A
lot. So I got an eyecup 2 for each of my bodies. I'm a touch disappointed.
They do not limit the backlight as much as the old type, but you can open
the film back without removing them (big deal). I always move my eye away
from and towards the viewfinder to check for backlight affecting the
reading.

Foxy