Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?

Subject: Re: FW: [OM] Manual vs Auto Mode?
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:25:57 -0700
Yes, this pretty much describes the way I work, too. Unless the exposure clearly
allows hand-holding, I'll put the 4T or 2S on a tripod, almost always flip the
self-timer lever on, then take 3 exposures on auto at =, +1/3, -1/3.  Unusual
scenes may require a larger bracket range. The = exposure is almost always the
one
I'll like best.  (This with Velvia rated at 50, not 40.) Then I'll remove the
camera from the tripod, put it back in the bag while forgetting to put the self
timer lever back, thus assuring a blown picture on my next hand-held shot! I'm
using an OM-1 for HIE shooting and with this setup, I bracket +/- 1 full stop.

I also use 4T multi-spot probably 250f the time. Spot on the 2S 10 0f time.  I
seldom use manual, cause most of the shooting I do lends itself to
aperture-preferred auto so I use it.

george