Re: [OM] OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2000
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:14:18 -0700
Ken;

I did a bit of investigating a month or 2 ago.  One camera store said they
weren't
going to carry the 2000 because of all the trouble they'd had with it's Cosina
cousins in the past.  Guy said return rate for the Ricoh version was more than
20%  Another store tried to sell me a Pentax PZ-one or the other instead.  It
was
the same camera they tried to steer me to when I was looking at the IS-3.. I
think
they must get big 'Spiffs' from Pentax.
But all of this is anecdotal.  There are list members who have the camera.  I
haven't heard of them bringing one back yet.  Further, it wouldn't stop me if I
decided it was the camera for me as most of the failures would statistically be
'infant mortality' and the camera would probably be relianble later on.  Plus,
Oly
warranty service in my experience will work wiith you and s t r e t c h things a
bit if need be.

george