Re: [OM] Re: OM Macro Flash Units

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM Macro Flash Units
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:23:00 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:22:01 +1000, "Terry and Tracey"
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Has anyone had experience with the T28 or the T8? Is the guide number of the
>T28 actually 28? This seems big for macro work. Does it fit the old T10
>control unit? What values can you reduce the flash output to? What are the
>photos with a T8 like? Will this bloke ever stop asking questions?
>
>Foxy

Hello Foxy.

My (German) Olympus Product Lexicon says:
T28 Twin Flash with 1 reflector in use or T28 Single Flash: Guide
number 28, manually switchable to 14.
T28 Twin Flash with both reflectors in use: Guide number 22.
All guide numbers in meters at ISO 100 and 1 meter distance to object.

I take it (but I can't read it anywhere) that the GN 22 is per
reflector. 2 reflectors would give 1.4 x 22 = 31 meters, which is
about the maximum the T1 generator will yield (being basically the
same unit as the T-32 flash).

But I am not sure here...

Frank.